Many of you have been wondering what type of software CubiScan products can interface with. We don’t blame you! As cool as a CubiScan is, it won’t deliver its full value if it can’t interface with intuitive and beneficial software programs. Our goal is to help educate you on the different types of software available to you that will turn your CubiScan purchase into the best decision you’ve ever made.
Qbit-DB is CubiScan’s most robust and sought-after software solution. It's a Windows-based software tool that collects, stores, and manages cube and weight data collected by CubiScan equipment for multiple units of measurement and for multiple pack types. The units of measurement are user-definable and are virtually unlimited in number (typically including pack types such as Master, Inner, and Each). With simple to use, custom import and export features, data is easily transferred into the majority of warehousing and shipping software solutions in today’s market. Exported data can later be uploaded to an existing WMS, TMS, or manifesting system, as well as other data-integration software solutions.
Other features of Qbit-DB include user-definable data fields, CubiScan maintenance tools, and a File Transfer Protocol (FTP). Qbit-DB contains setup parameters to configure the data-management options for the CubiScan. The “automatic import/export” feature, when enabled, allows for automatic data transfer to and from the Qbit-DB application.
How Qbit-DB works
After entering a unique identifier, a pack type (if enabled), and any additional product information in your user-defined fields, your CubiScan will dimension and weigh your item. As the measurements are being gathered, Qbit-DB will collect, store, and prepare to transfer the cube and weight data of your item. The Qbit-DB software interface is a powerful and easy to use data collection and transfer solution that will maximize your CubiScan investment.
- Import or export data using a variety of file-transfer methods
- Collect and store data into a local Qbit database
- Choose any pack type or personalize the user-definable fields
- Works well with almost any warehouse management system
- Query your CubiScan’s status or perform simple maintenance tasks
- User ID and login options allow for individual users
- Available in many languages
- Choose your dimensional weight factor settings
- Make sure your items are within tolerance using the tolerance validation feature
- Automatically orient your dimensions
- Use a camera with Qbit-DB to capture images with each measurement
- Provides a nesting feature to calculate how many stacked items will fit in a box or bin location
Qbit-Xfer is a Windows-based software tool that works like a keyboard wedge to transfer CubiScan data to a target host window. The dimensional data gathered by the CubiScan is sent to the cursor location within the target host window. The software can b
e set up to open a port, measure an item, and then close a port, freeing up the serial port to be used for other functions. While silently running in the background, the software will maintain an active connection to the CubiScan, allowing you to press the MSR(magnetic stripe reader) button to begin the measurement process. Qbit-Xfer also comes equipped with the flexibility to choose between gathering measurements in Metric or US Standard units.
- Format data transfer and mode options
- Password protect specific functions and options
- Automatically orients dimensions to your preferences
- Select your dimensional weight factor
- User ID and login options enable individual users to access Qbit-Xfer
- Use a weight trigger or barcode trigger to prompt measurements
- Connect to a 3rd party scale
- View and save the message log
- Interface easily with WorldShip or Ship Manager
This Windows-based software tool works in conjunction with emulation software and allows data collected by the CubiScan to be transferred to a WMS host system in real-time. Qbit-EDT runs minimized in the background and offers an interface that is completely transparent to you. The software will also automatically populate the cube and weight fields within your host application screen. You can customize the interface and send data to as many as three different screen locations on your warehouse application. Best of all, no additional hardware is needed.
The Host Fields tab allows the user to define the data field format and location for each cube and weight data field on the host emulation screen. For example, “Measure 1 Fields” can be used to define the format and location of the first unit of measure on the host emulation screen (i.e. case). “Measure 2 Fields” can be used to define the second unit of measure (i.e. inner pack) and so on. Function keys may also be assigned to execute a measure command for the measure field sections.
Once setup is complete and the connection to your host emulation session is confirmed, Qbit-EDT can be minimized and cube and weight data will begin being automatically transferred to the proper field locations on the host emulation screen.
- Software that sends data to specific screen locations
- Transfer data in real time using a HLLAPI interface
- Data is sent to screen locations for 5250 and 3270 emulation
- Qbit-EDT works in the background, transparent and automatic
Qbit-Web is a Windows based software tool that allows for cube and weight data collected by the CubiScan to be transferred to an existing WMS, TMS, or manifesting system using a built-in internet browser session. This interface software replaces the standard internet browser session and allows for the data to be transferred to individual cube and weight field locations on the browser session screen.
Qbit-Web contains setup options used to specify a default Home Page (your warehouse application “sign-in” URL) and the ability to enable or disable normal internet navigation features located on the main Qbit-Web screen.
The Host Fields tab allows the user to define the data field format for each cube and weight data location. “Measure 1 Fields” can be used to set up the first unit of measure (i.e. case). “Measure 2 Fields” can be used to set up a second unit of measure (i.e. inner pack) and so on. The cube and weight data is sent to the Measure Fields in the browser session by means of identifying the HTML input names for those Measure Fields. These names can be found by clicking the “Get Input Names” button while the current web page that contains the cube and weight fields is being displayed in the Qbit-Web application. The “Test” button sends generic data to the measure fields to verify that the correct HTML input names are being used.
Once the software setup is complete, the “MSR 1”, “MSR 2”, and “MSR 3” buttons are used to execute the measurement, and the cube and weight data is sent to the proper measure field locations. The “MSR 1&2” button will send data to the “Measure 1 Fields” and “Measure 2 Fields” locations simultaneously.
- Software that transfers data via an Internet browser
- Transfer data to an Internet browser via HTML
- Data is transferred to specific field locations
- Define your own data field transfer formats
- Use the test function to ensure information is being sent correctly
With a CubiScan, easily obtaining accurate dimensioning data is no longer a problem. Qbit software collects CubiScan measurement data, allowing you to format, utilize, and transfer it as needed.